So 2013 is finally here and I hope you’ve all had a rejuvenating break over the festive period. I’m sure many of you will be making new years resolutions, setting goals etc, and what ever they may be, I wish you the very best of luck for 2013.
If your new year’s resolution is to start taking charge of your life, and your goal is to build a successful online business – for what ever reason, perhaps you’re sick of your day job, or simply want to supplement the earnings from your full time work, or perhaps you want to have more free time available to spend with family. What ever the reason, now is the time to start making things happen. Its 2013 folks, a brand new year and time for a brand new change to your life…
The beauty about running an online business is that you can pretty much run it from anywhere in the world, or more appropriately, from the comfort of your own home. You can also spend as much or as little time as you want keeping your online business going. Having said all that, before that day comes, you have a lot of blood, sweat and tears to give first…
Below you will find that I’ve compiled 8 golden tips to building a successful online business in 2013.
Tips For Building A Successful Online Business
- Make your goals and ambitions clear as to what kind of online business you really want to build, i.e. a blog, an eCommerce website, an eBay business etc
- Do your research properly and thoroughly
- Set out your long term goals and place them in places where you can be reminded of them every day
- Have a clear business development / marketing plan
- Decide how much money you are willing to invest into building your online business, and where the money will be coming from, perhaps your day job, savings etc
- Decide how much time you are going to put into building your online business. Consider other commitments (life/work balance) and create a work schedule, then stick to it
- Don’t take more on than you can actually physically and mentally manage, try and focus on one area at a time
- Always have a contingency plan (plan B), in case one thing, one method or tactic doesn’t work out as you originally planned
Building a successful online business cannot be achieved overnight, you’ll need to be incredibly ambitious and have absolute belief in yourself, even when progress is slow or you are faced with set backs. Work hard, be patience and your perseverance will pay off, once again, the very best of luck to you.
Your in success, Fabrizio Van Marciano
Image courtesy of Flickr user: tacitrequiem