Not everyone enjoys reading essay length blog posts; sometimes writing less can make a bigger impact than let’s say writing a 2,000 word blog post. Sometimes I can sit and read a blog post that’s so long and by the end of it still don’t know what I’ve just read, what about you, has that ever happened to you?
Anyways, if you want to write short posts and want to make a BIG impact with just a few words, here are a few tips to make your post stand out.
- Create a compelling headline title that begs to be clicked on!
- Start off with an interesting photo or short video (optional of course)
- Boom! Go straight in with the main points of your topic in the first few paragraphs and forget the long winded intro.
- Ask an all important question for your readers to think about and answer in the comment section. (engagement)
- Make your readers think! Get controversial without offending of course.
- Create buzz by posting a question on social media sites, Facebook group pages and blog community sites and linking it back to your post.
…And you will make a bigger impact with just a few words…
So what do you think? Do you have anymore suggestions to add? Leave them in the comment section below as always, and yes I know this post is short and sweet
Image courtesy of Flicker user: othree