The web has become more than just an information super highway; it’s a way of life, a community where people live work and play. The internet is truly a virtual world that has enabled many of us to improve different aspects of our real lives, both in business and personal.
So when it comes to content, we love to share and access stuff quickly! The web has now been built around sharing and accessibility thanks largely to social networking sites and the technological age of wireless devices. But are you doing everything you possibly can to make your blog content more shareable and accessible by a larger audience? If not or you’re not too sure, check out the 8 following tips below.
8 Simple Tips To Make Your Blog Content More Shareable
1. Install the most popular social sharing tools such as Facebook Like, Twitter Tweet, Google plus 1 and LinkedIn Share.
2. Don’t forget about social bookmarking too, such as StumbleUpon, Pinterest and Digg. Make them visible, the Digg Digg floating buttons are perfect as it means no matter which part of a page your visitors are on, it’s always shareable.
3. Now how about the ability to share stuff on blogging community sites such as BizSugar, BlogEngage and Blokube? Again, installing the Digg Digg social plugin can help you customize even more buttons to add to the sharing power of your content.
4. Enable sharing on content curation sites like Scoop.it, Chime.In and Storify. There are dedicated buttons for these sites too.
5. Make your post or content print and PDF friendly, and yes there’s an awesome plugin for WordPress that can help you achieve just that. It’s called WP Print, and you can check it out here.
6. Another tip would be to make your blog content email friendly, and again there is a dedicated plugin that will enable users to email a page or a blog post to somebody else. You can check it out here.
7. Make your blog mobile device friendly. These days most premium WordPress themes are designed to be mobile responsive, if you don’t have a theme that enables your users to access your content via their mobile device consider using one immediately. Almost . I’d recommend Genesis.
8. Use other content marketing platforms to distribute your content, such as podcasting, slide shares and video.
A short post, with simple tips to make your blog content more accessible and shareable, hope you’ve enjoyed reading. If you have any tips and suggestions you’d like to add, leave me a comment below as always.
Image courtesy of Flickr user: Carlos Maya