How do you find the right kind of blogs to guest post on? - Having low search engine rankings is part of the problem as to why many bloggers fail to get any traffic to their blogs.
Guest posting has been proven to be one of the most effective ways to build authority backlinks from high content value sites.
The problem comes with the question held… Where does one post their guest posts on for maximum affect? This post will provide you with some tips on finding the perfect blogs for guest posting on.
6 Tips for Finding the Perfect Blogs for Guest Posting
1. Content Relevancy – Let’s start with the first tip which isn’t rocket science really. Content relevancy is your first port of call; this tip is for newbies in particular. The best way to know if a blog has content relevant to your own is to visit and read that blog frequently.
If your post is offering tips on how to cut a pineapple, why on earth would you submit it to a blog that discusses topics on online marketing and blogging tips…
2. Traffic – How much traffic does the blog in question receive? Sometimes this can be hard to determine but you might want to consider blogs with high traffic to submit guest posts to. There is a greater chance your content will be read firstly, shared on social sites and you’ll also benefit from good referral traffic from that blog.
If the blog does not have a traffic statistic page for guest writers, use Alexa.com to study metrics to determine how much traffic a site gets, before submitting your guest post pitches.
3. Social Signals – Social media now plays a major roll in determining which kind of blogs to guest post on, for example you need to evaluate –
- How many times does the average new post get shared on Facebook?
- How many fans are on the blog’s respectful fan page?
- How many Twitter followers, tweets does the average post receive?
- How many people in Google Plus circles and +1’s does the average post receive?
4. Page Rank – Whilst many people will have you believe that page rank no longer matters, I believe otherwise that it does, as an indicator of course. The page ranking system devised by Google provides an insight into the importance of a web page entirely, scoring 0 as the lowest page rank and 10 as the highest.
For those not too familiar with page ranking, this measurement does not determine how much traffic a blog receives but more over looks at the SEO aspect, in particular the number of backlinks that website or blog has.
Ultimately whilst I believe page rank is an important indicator to use, it shouldn’t be the reason behind your decision whether to submit guest posts to a blog.
Having said all of that, finding blogs with PR2 to PR5 however will have much more value to you than submitting posts to blogs with a PR0 to PR1 score.
I hope all of that made sense…
5. Engagement – One of the most important elements of finding the perfect blogs for guest posting on is the level of engagement that happens on the average post. A blog with low levels of engagement will really do your content no justice. So here are some questions you might ask yourself –
- How many thought provoking and engaging comments does the average new post receive?
- How often do regular commentators appear on posts?
- Does the blog author actively engage with it’s readers?
6. Where to Find Blogs Accepting Guest Posts - Finally I’ll leave you with a monster resource… Here is a comprehensive list of blogs that accept guest posts – Top 500+ Websites to Submit Guest Posts
Well I’ll hand the discussion over to you now peeps. What are your thoughts on the tips above? Do you have a few more tips you’d like to add to the list? What do you think is the most important element of finding the perfect blogs for guest posting on for you? Please share your reactions in the comment section below as always.