How do you get more people on your Facebook page these days? It’s been a while since I posted anything about promoting your Facebook page, and some comments were left on an old post that I published many, many months back about updating the post. Whilst I’m going to be updating that post in question (56 Ways to Get More Fans to your Facebook Page), I thought I’d share with you some NEW ways that I’ve been using, and you can use too, to get more people on your Facebook page.
1. Send your photo’s to Twitter - I started doing this a while back and I’ve seen that it can be quite affective at times. For example I recently changed the cover photo on my Facebook page, so I wanted to tell everyone about it. What I did was create a shorter link of the long-link to the cover photo hosted on my Facebook page, and I posted it in the form of a tweet on Twitter. But then I thought why not let everyone know about my new cover photo, and so I shared it on StumbleUpon, Digg and LinkedIn too… Give it a try, the next time you change your cover photo or in fact upload a mew photo to your Facebook page, tweet it about. You’ll be surprised how many new people you get liking your page.
I’ve embedded my cover photo retweet here should you feel kind enough to RT
Check out my new Facebook cover photo ht.ly/dmWHS
— Fabrizio (@vanmarciano) August 31, 2012
2. Get the Facebook Lightbox - I’m sure by now having visited many of your favorite blog’s you will have noticed that many blogs have the Facebook pop-up lightbox enabled. I’ve been using the lighbox myself for about a month now and I’ve seen a notable increase in people joining my Facebook page. If you don’t like the thought of having a pop-up box staring your visitors in the face each time they visit a new page, you can adjust the settings so that it appears every other day or week even… Give it a try, it is a great way to get more people on your Facebook page – You can get this plugin for WordPress from the plugin directory – Facebook Lightbox
3. Create your own Facebook group page – Facebook group pages have so many advantages and is currently the hottest places on Facebook to find new audiences for your blog. It’s one of the best ways to not just promote your content to your Facebook audiences, but to also promote your Facebook business page. Consider creating your own Facebook group page so that others in your niche can share related content and exchange comments, likes and shares. At the same time you can add a bio and a link back to your Facebook page in the ‘about’ section.
4. Participate in a re-tweet exchange program - If you haven’t come across sites like JustRetwet and EasyRetweet then these sites are just great to get more people on your Facebook page. JustRetweet is my favourite of them all at the moment and signing up is easy too. Once you’re in you can create a retweet campaign with a shortlink to your Facebook page and start promoting it. Other members will retweet your message and you’ll get additional exposure to your page, thus get more people on your Facebook page. JustRetweet has also recently added some new Facebook features which makes it even more useful for promoting your page…
5. Add your Facebook page to the directories - Did you know that there are some great dedicated Facebook business page directories where you can add your page to? I think one of the challenges that many people have is trying to find pages that they’re interested in joining, so below are three suitable and reputable Facebook page directory sites you might want to check out -
So I hope you’ve enjoyed these five tips on how to get more people on your Facebook page, if you have your own tips you’d like to share, or perhaps something that has really worked for you please do share in the comment section below.
Have a great weekend, see you Monday morning – Fabrizio