I don’t care what anyone tells you, blogging isn’t easy work by any means. OK it’s not physically demanding either but it can certainly drain both your mental and motivational state of mind; it can consume your resources at the best of times and above all, it can force you to sacrifice much time away from your families and friends. So ask yourself this, why the hell are you doing it?
Personally my simple answer to that question should be the same as yours, because you love it!
So, are you really cut out to become a successful blogger? Here are 11 things that might stop you from pursuing your blogging career ambitions.
- You Don’t have time – Blogging requires lots of time dedicated to writing content, marketing and promoting, engaging and maintenance. I work full time from home with my other online businesses so I can devote 2 to 3 hours per day to blogging. But this can prove quite challenging if you have to go to a workplace or you don’t have the time to commit to blogging.
- You can’t be bothered to learn – You might think that this is a little harsh but many people really can’t be bothered to learn anything new, they simply want to know if there is an easy way to becoming successful and that’s it. This kind of attitude will surely dent your blogging success for sure.
- You’re somewhat illiterate – I don’t want to sound harsh again but a certain amount of people venturing into blogging can’t in fact read or write, or often struggle with the English language. Some years ago, well many years ago in fact I didn’t speak a single word of English; so it does help to educate yourself and learn new language skills to better your reading and writing, otherwise it will be the maker of your end to your blogging ambitions.
- You don’t believe that blogging is a real business opportunity – Again I don’t care what anyone tells you, but blogging is very much a lucrative business venture. If you don’t think that blogging is a viable business opportunity then that’s fine, just blog for the simple fact that you love doing it.
- You’re not passionate about anything – It is not essential that you have a passion about the topic you blog about however, to have a passion can greatly increase your chances of success with blogging.
- You don’t believe you can do it – If you’re use to telling yourself that you can’t do it or you can’t do anything in life chances are you can’t. Don’t be so stubborn on yourself; I’ve always believed that anyone can achieve anything they want in life if they really want it badly.
- Everyone around you doubt whether you’ll ucceed – First of all you do things in life because you want to do them, don’t ever pass on an opportunity just because you’re afraid what others might think; you do things in life for the benefit of yourself and no-one else, if you let others decide for you, you simply won’t make it I guarantee you that.
- You don’t have patience – Patience is the virtue of all things they say, and that couldn’t apply more to blogging. Newbie’s especially enter the blogosphere in hope that after a few weeks they’ll become web celebs and make loads of money, but it simply doesn’t work that way. As long as you put in 100% hard work, all you have to do is be patient.
- You lack perseverance – Perseverance is another key factor to deciding your success in blogging. I see many blogger wannabe’s take to it at full throttle for the first few weeks, perhaps even for the first few months even, and then the gradual persistence starts to ware-off and eventually it diminishes. Don’t become one of them, work hard, learn lots and keep persevering.
- You have the 50/50 (half-hearted) attitude – The 50/50 half-hearted attitude is quite common amongst new bloggers, again like perseverance. They venture into it with the thought that they may make something of it, or the possibility that they may not. Granted, nothing in life is guaranteed, but there is also nothing in life that can be achieved with that kind of low self-esteem attitude, it’s simple.
- You intend to blog purely for money – Finally it brings me onto money. One of the biggest reasons why newbie’s take to blogging is because of the money. And it is with regret that many of the top bloggers talk about making money online as if it can be achieved overnight. The reality of it all is that it 100% cannot! You can’t make money from blogging instantly, and if you blog purely for that reason, you’re doomed for certain to not succeeding. Focus your efforts on the development and creating quality content for your blog, focus on marketing and promoting, focus on learning new skills and adapting them to your own blogging, focus on perseverance and being patience, work hard and you will succeed without a doubt in mind.
Now if you consider yourself to possess at least three or four of the above weaknesses, then seriously ask yourself this, are you really cut out to be a blogger!
What are your thoughts on the list above, please do share your insights and any tips and advice below in the comments section.