This review post was updated on 7th December 2013. One of the questions that was asked to me some time ago was ‘what is the iPhone DevSecrets course’ that I’ve been promoting as of late? well and I’m so happy to be doing this mini review to share it with you exactly what this iPhone add development course is about, so let’s take a look.
What is the iPhone DevSecrets Course?
OK some of you may have already seen or come across this course before, but for those of you who haven’t yet, let me introduce it to you
The iPhone DevSecrets program is a comprehensive iPhone applications development course, it was designed and created for people who didn’t have the large sum of money needed to learn ‘how to build iPhone and iPad applications’ for their business, so this course was created. In fact this course is extremely competitive, baring in mind the number of businesses that spend thousands of dollars putting their staff through apps development training programs each year, whereas the entire iPhone DevSecrets course itself costs around $99 altogether.
But I know what you’re probably wondering, is this another money grabbing scam packaged in glitter, or is it the real deal? I’ll cut to the chase and tell you now this isn’t a scam, if anything it’s a really well packaged little practical course packed with heaps of valuable information and resources for anyone interested in building an iPhone app for their business.
I started using the course myself about 12 months ago when this course was relatively new, it’s been a while and so I’ve had to go through some of the stuff recently again to refresh my brain with the content, there have been a lot of new stuff added to the course since I enrolled so bare with me.
The iPhone DevSecrets program is a great all round course, and believe me you’ll learn a great deal. As I said there is a lot of content to get through on this course. There’s reading material, videos to watch, PDF’s and a lot more. Much of it is consistently being updated regularly with changes in development and technology.
The course is broken down into 4-weeks, however you can set your own pace for learning.
Once you’ve signed up and have gained access to the program you can get started pretty much straight away. In the members area there is an intro video which will basically get you prepared for what’s to come in the rest of the iPhone DevSecrets course.
So each lesson contains video and PDF material, the great thing about this is that if you already own an iPad or an iPhone, you can easily download the content and take it with you and learn at your own pace.
In each week you’ll get a summary of what you can expect to learn in that specific week, along with video tutorials ranging from 2 minutes and up to 10 minutes in length and of course your PDF material as I mentioned.
Lessons in your first week
- 1st Week’s summary
- The most important things you need to know about iPhone app development
- Doing some market research for your future product
- A few tips to planning your product
- Niche and product ideas, who will use your app or game?
- iPhone and iPad game development
- App and game development
- A step-by-step ‘how to’ to iPhone app/game development: From absolute newbie to expert.
So as you can see from the list of lessons in your first week above, there are some valuable stuff to learn about and get to grips with.
Lessons in your second week
In week two you’ll be learning about programming and following a step-by-step guide to building your very first test app, this was one of my favorite parts of the iPhone DevSecrets course.
- 2nd Week’s summary
- What you need to know before you start programming: Basic Requirements
- Developing using SDK
- A quick start guide using frameworks and libraries to save time
- The Xcode documentation
- Debugging your Xcode projects
- Using interface builder to create a cool interface
- Creating a simple app ‘Hello World’ using Xcode
- Creating simple navigation based app ‘Hello World’ using Xcode
- Using Cocos 2D to create a simple iPhone/iPad games app
- Making a web app for the iPhone and iPad using iWebKit
- Creating universal applications
- Testing your iPhone apps
- The lazy person’s guide to using other development tools
- Developing iPhone projects on Windows
So as you can see in week two there is a lot to grasp and take on board, but as I mentioned, you can learn at your own pace and in any case it is by far the best way to get the most out of this course.
Lessons in your third week
In week three of the iPhone DevSecrets course you’ll go through the design process and adding audio and motion effects to your iPhone / iPad apps. This was another favorite part of the course for me. The lessons in week three cover everything from the latest iPhone app design trends, to using 2D and 3D graphic editors for iPhone game development. Here is a list of the lessons covered.
- 3rd Week’s summary
- What to do if you’re not a designer
- The latest iPhone app design trends
- 2D and 3D graphic editors for iPhone game development
- 2D / 3D games: Design process
- 3 things you need to know about creating games for the iPad
- Creating a simple app with Adobe Flash CS5
…Plus many more modules and lessons in week three.
Lessons in your fourth week
Week four is the final week in the iPhone DevSecrets course, the icing on the cake if you want to call it that.
It covers everything you need to know and understand about marketing and promoting your app and how to successfully make money from it. Here you’ll learn how and what the successful app developers are doing to make their apps stand out above the rest, plus much more…
Here are some of the lessons covered in your final week
- 4th Week summary
- Two main marketing secrets: Think like your customer, analyze your competition
- Marketing strategies…
- How to publish iPhone / iPad games apps on the App Store
- The best way to promote your iPhone apps and games
- How to become an App Store millionaire in 2012
- Free or paid applications…
- How can iPad apps give you a steady cash flow
- Marketing mistakes to avoid and much more…
As well as all the lessons and modules laid out in the four weeks, there are also bonus materials to get your hands on in this course.
Conclusion of the iPhone DevSecrets Course, is it worth the investment?
Yes! Simple answer enough.
The best way for me to describe the iPhone DevSecrets course is that if nothing else, it’s packed with tons of valuable content you need to help you understand just how to create your own iPhone apps. It really does take you by the hand through all the tutorials and guides.
The best thing about the course is that it’s organized well, it’s made simple to understand and you don’t need to have a technical background to get started with it, even if you have no coding knowledge or experience whatsoever, you can get the very best out of this course. I have zero experience in app or software development and was able to grasp the tasks in this course very easily.
I give it a personal 4/5 star rating, simply because there is so much to learn and I personally think that they could have easily broken the course up to 6 weeks even, but as I said, you can learn at your own pace.
If you want to check out the course for yourself, signup or even give it a trial run, you can do so for just $1. Follow the link below for more information, the best of luck.
Please note that the link below is in fact and affiliate link and should you use it to purchase this course I will be paid a commission, at not extra cost to you, you can think of it as a small thank you for recommending it to you.