If you’ve just started out with using Facebook for your own business, one of the most valuable things you’re going to need to start making use of this platform more effectively are fans and lots of it, and we’re not talking about any old fans either, you’re going to need loyal and targeted people joining your Facebook page, people that are interested in what you have to share with them
Getting real fans can be really challenging and time consuming at times, which is why you’re going to love this post. In this post we’re going to share with you 56 of the most amazing ways to get more people to like your Facebook page.
How To Get ‘Real Targeted People’ On Your Facebook Page!
1. Connect your Facebook account with your Twitter account so each time you share a tweet, it appears in your Facebook feed. More importantly if you want to update your Twitter using Facebook status updates, click the following link to connect Facebook to Twitter >> http://www.facebook.com/twitter/ Just make sure you’re logged into Facebook first.
2. Create flat design business cards with your Facebook page URL on both sides, these can be handed out at conferences and events.
3. Provide a free valuable incentive to get more people to like your Facebook page, something like an eBook or exclusive content using the static HTML tab. Check out the video below to learn how to create a Facebook landing page.
4. Add your Facebook fan page URL to your forum signatures.
5. Add your fan page URL to your LinkedIn profile.
6. Go to your Twitter account, click on settings >> profile and in website field enter your Facebook fan page URL to show in your profile.
7. Create a like box to add to your blog or your website, click here to create one.
8. Install Facebook Page LikeBox Promoter plugin for WordPress. You can find find this plugin in the WordPress repository of check it out following this link >> http//wordpress.org/plugins/facebook-page-promoter-lightbox/
9. Connect your YouTube account to your Facebook page.
10. Use #hashtags in your Facebook open graph meta tags.
11. If you use WordPress, install the Facebook open graph protocol plugin, you can find this plugin here >> http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-facebook-open-graph-protocol/
12. Connect your Facebook page to your Klout account!
13. Print custom t-shirts with your Facebook page URL printed on the front and reverse, now next time you’re out at a conference or event make sure you’re wearing it.
14. Post shareable content, not just your own stuff but other related and interesting stuff you find on the web.
15. Use WiseStamp to create a custom signature for your emails and add your Facebook page URL.
16. Use Facebook ads to promote your page and attract targeted fans. Here is a link to a great post on how to get the best penny clicks on Facebook ads on Blogging Cage.
17. When using YouTube to promote your products and services, don’t forget to add a call to action at the end asking viewers to like your page.
18. When commenting on blog posts use your FB URL instead of your web or blog address.
19. Create a custom Facebook URL using Pretty Link plugin for WordPress, check out mine here /on/facebook.
20. Install the Digg Digg social sharing plugin in your WordPress site.
21. Embed your Facebook posts into your blog posts.
22. Create an epic blog contest and make the entry requirement to ‘like your page on Facebook’. You can also post a message on Facebook asking participants to leave you a comment explaining why they should win, this is a great way to promote engagement.
23. Blog about topics related to your Facebook fan page, i.e shout about fan of the week, give praise to a group of fans, mention a discussion or write a post like this sharing your own thoughts on how to increase fans.
24. Create articles and post it to your Facebook fan page using the ‘Notes’ section.
25. When adding your business or website to local business directories, don’t forget to also add your Facebook fan page too.
26. Add your Facebook page URL in your author box when guest blogging.
27. Add your FB fan page URL to your article marketing author profile pages and author box.
28. Add the option to ‘Like your page on Facebook’ in your website’s check out pages.
29. Add your FB page URL to your well constructed about page section of your blog or website.
30. Use Facebook’s Boost Post ad feature. This is a great way to not only promote your content but get more likes too.
31. Ensure you’ve completed your Facebook business profile the best you can, people prefer to like pages that look alive rather than dead.
32. Invite your email contacts to join you on Facebook (Gmail no longer supported)
33. Watermark your images before uploading to your Facebook page. Don’t forget to add a meaningful description and link back to related content on your site.
34. Add your Facebook URL to your customer receipts and invoices, compliment slips and letterheads.
35. Join active Facebook groups where you’re allowed to promote content from your Facebook page.
36. Create your own Facebook group, promote your page in the ‘about section’ of the group page.
36. Post links to interesting topics that are outside of your blog’s content.
37. Organize or sponsor a charitable event and promote it through your Facebook page.
38. Use Facebook as your business page and like content and leave useful comments on other related business pages. See below.
39. Be active every single day, ask questions, get feedback, engage with your audience in some positive way.
40. Add your FB URL to your Google Places listing.
41. Connect your Facebook page to your Google+ account, go to about >> links and add your page.
42. Use other PPC services to promote your page such as Google AdWords.
43. Create surveys and polls and post on your Facebook page.
44. Add your FB URL to your Hub Pages author profile.
45. Add your FB URL to your eZine Articles profile.
46. Use your FB URL as your Bluetooth username on your mobile phone in public places. (If desperate for a few extra fans)
47. Get a custom laptop skin with your Facebook page URL printed on it. Ideal for advertising your page freely when sat in coffee shop windows working!
48. In your Facebook personal profile about section, link your place of work to your Facebook business page.
49. Add your FB profile to your About ME page in your eBay seller account.
50. Create car window decals with your FB URL printed on it.
51. Use Facebook apps.
52. Enable the Facebook comment feature in your blog posts. You can do this by installing a plugin called Comments Evolved Plugin for WordPress.
53. Get fans to join via SMS. Users sends a text message to 32665 (FBOOK) with the words “like yourusername”.
54. Use powerful ‘calls to action’ buttons and icons.
55. Create an irresistible offer that is only available to your current Facebook fans that will encourage new fans to join.
56. Upload videos to your Facebook page!
So there you have it folks, follow these great tips and you’ll soon be enjoying more fans on your Facebook business page, but above all if you do nothing else on this list, remember to always be active and engage with your tribe, enjoy.
Tops Image credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mkhmarketing/